Sailors and Coast Guardsman may self-refer to the program or be referred by family members, command leadership or medical providers.
To aid military leaders in their efforts on behalf of wounded warriors, Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor has developed an awareness kit, which includes a host of useful tools. Talking points and an elevator speech can help leaders discuss the program with the Sailors and Coast Guardsmen they oversee. Presentation slides can supplement a brief for colleagues or more senior leaders. Answers to frequently-asked questions can help them field questions from service members considering enrollment.
Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor staff and leadership are ready to assist or to collaborate with military leaders interested in taking a more active role in efforts to support wounded warriors. Contact 855-NAVY WWP/855-628-9997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Elevator speech
- Talking points
- Frequently-asked questions and answers
- Ideas for getting involved
- Navy Wounded Warrior – Safe Harbor fact sheet
- Adaptive Sports & Recreation fact sheet
- Anchor Program fact sheet
- Family Support fact sheet
- Employment and Education Assistance fact sheet
- SCAADL fact sheet